Think about it. Twenty years ago, commonplace names we know now such as Alfie and Jasmine were much less popular. Here are just a few names I can imagine becoming much more popular in the coming twenty years:
Old Lady Chic
Weird, but wonderful
– Araminta. Popular amongst the London Telegraph namers, she’s sure to trickle down to use by us mere mortals.
– Belphoebe. She has a lovely sound, and you can use the popular Belle nickname.
The Thorns of Rose
– Artemis. Eoin Colfer claimed this name as the name of his male character, so this name could easily be the next Ashley/ Madison.
– Cynthia. From Greek Mythology.
– Diana. From Greek Mythology. The late Princess of Wales
– Hera. From Greek Mythology.
– Nuala. From Irish Mythology, pronounced NOO-la,
The New Emily/Emma
–Emer. The name of an Irish Goddess, who possessed the six virtues of womanhood.
Others to look out for: